Sunday, May 10, 2015

a little more advice on where to eat, what

Santa Lucia square is the place to head to if you are new in town and want a meal.  The recently restored colonial park is surrounded by the best and most mediocre but popular restaurants in the historic center.  I've had good experiences at Bottela Verde and great experiences at Apoala on the square. I've had awful experiences at La Chaya just off the square and my one experience at the Chaya Maya was, my one experience.  Also in the square is Ki Xocolatl the excellent Belgian chocolate shop and they are a ruthless frozen frappe.  There are two ice cream shops nearby Pola on 55 x 62 & 64 & xxx on 62 x 55 & 

 I like the mole and the chile rellenos at a little pink dump called Reforma on calle 72 x 45.  I like the fried fish filets and octopus at a little dive calle Marlin Azul on calle 62 x 57 & 59. 

photo of the kitchen at Hacienda Yaxcopoil

No comments:

Post a Comment